Sunday 27 October 2013

Turning the corner

Until a couple of days ago, I thought that I was going to have to pull out of next year's RR. The leg injury from my half marathon had got worse, not better, over the last few weeks. But in the last couple of days, I have at least been able to walk around. I don't think I have ever been so inactive for this long in my life!

Looking on the bright side, I have discovered a lot about strapping my leg up, which may be useful for skiing, as that is the leg that swells up. I have got some adjustable strapping which I will use on the leg when I start to exercise again. I have still to decide when and how to start exercising in order to get my fitness back. The risk is in starting too early, which would result in a setback, or holding off and then having to accelerate the later training.

No comments:

Post a Comment