Thursday 16 January 2014

Now the countdown in earnest

One month on and I am starting to recover some fitness. I am back to doing my 16km Saturday run - taking it gently and not as fast as I normally do.

Today I booked all my travel and will do my usual thing of arriving in Kuusamo a few days early. I am resigned to the fact that because of injury my fitness might not be up to where it should be and I might have to take the coach for a short section on the longest days.

However, this is better than trying to push back to full fitness too quickly. I know that I have completed the RR three times in the past, and it would be a disappointment not to complete every last metre. But I have just learned that my body has limits - it was pushing too hard to gain 35 seconds on my personal best half marathon time that gave me an injury putting me out of action for over 3 months.

I really look forward to seeing so many people who have become my friends over the years - I can recognise at least 15 people for this year's RR1 that I recognise.

Now I will have to add my sponsorship details for Sports Relief and see how much I can manage to raise this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment